Thursday, October 27, 2011

Parenting is hard

I don't understand boys. I always thought I was a good "boy" mom, but I really don't get them. I can't understand the way they like to play and I certainly don't know why they think it's funny to punch each other. I have talked with lots of moms who assure me that grade school is the time that kids are really learning what it means to be civil to one another. But, it still doesn't help when the principal calls home.
Additionally, I am taking a class at church called "The Peacemaker"...a biblical approach to resolving conflict. It's a constant reminder that each and every thing I do is being watched by little ones who are eager to learn how they are supposed to behave in this world. No pressure, right? Good thing we have a gracious God who helps all of us along this path.

It does my heart good, however, to look back through all the pictures that we have saved on our computer and finds one like this of my boys.  Even if the road can be rocky in their relationship, I know they love each other and deeply care about the other one.
I sure do love them with everything I've got...which reminds me of why parenting is so hard - because we care so much!

This one is just cute.  She won't let me put anything like this in her hair anymore.  She just rips it right out.  That's okay though.  She's cute without it too...

No comments: